Coach Susan Kelly
- Master’s in Education
- USA Triathlon Level II Coach
- Elite Mentorship Training with Justin Trolle
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- CPT Certified Personal Trainer
- CES Corrective Exercise Specialist
- PES Performance Exercise Specialist
- NASM Behavior Change Specialist
- American Swim Coaches Association Level II Coach
- Diocesan Certified Pastoral Minister
- Age Group Podium finishes in Sprint, Olympic, and Half Ironman distances
- 2013/2014 Qualifier to USA Triathlon Age Group Nationals
- 2017 USMS Masters Coaching
- 2018 IRONMAN Texas finisher. Oldest female athlete.
Philosophy: It is my job as a coach to unite your talent with the best practices of sport: its art, the science, and the spirit. As Steve Prefontaine stated: To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” I study everything, including you, so you don’t have to. There is no one size fits all in good coaching. The word “competition” gets a bad rap sometimes. Yet, its Latin roots define it as to “strive together”. As such, competition has a valued place in training. Together, let’s see where GRIT training takes you.
Certifications: Master’s in Education, USA Triathlon Level 2, ASCA Level 2, CPT (NASM), CES, PES, Certified Pastoral Minister. While being highly credentialed and being a championship athlete can & does contribute to good coaching, it’s not enough in and of itself. What really matters in coaching is the application of expertise and the coach’s investment in his/her athletes. I do that. I am invested in those that I coach.
Bonus: I am the mother of 5x All American Triathlete and healer to other great athletes, Josh Shadle. Josh lives in Boulder, CO. His circle of friends is often those athletes pictured on the box of Wheaties (LOL). World Champions. Whenever I need a boost of training ideas, I have an enthusiastic resource there in Boulder. We have a special mother-son relationship and enjoy competing and coaching together.